Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Fairfield Little League Baseball

Watching though the wind screen because we always make it work and respect space where we are guests.  

Little League baseball was back on Robcasting Radio on Tuesday. 

I was honored to join my friend Rob Adams for Fairfield National and Fairfield American in the final game of district two pool play at Unity Park in Trumbull. 

Fairfield National asked Rob to broadcast it, and well, it's Fairfield related, so I'll often be there. 

We all know how much I love sports involving Fairfield, so a all-Fairfield matchup is very enjoyable. #OneTown 

We have done little league broadcasting for Fairfield American three times, 2018, 2019 and 2020. We also did some National in 2020 after they won district two over American. 

It's been a blast every time. So great getting to know the players, coaches and families. 

Tonight, American came out of top 12-2. Both teams will be playing in the double elimination portion of the district two tournament beginning Friday at Unity. Rob will be back on Friday when National plays Trumbull at 7:30pm. Listen on Robcasting Radio

We had to watch the game tonight through the wind screen. We made it work. Like always. We can see enough and Rob was able to look though where two pieces of the wind screen were zip tied to the fence. 

It rained off and on at points in the game, but Rob is prepared and brought a pod to keep the equipment dry. He also had a tarp to keep the power strip hopefully dry. Safety is no accident, you know. #Preparation 

Sure, we got a little wet, but that was fine. Knowing the equipment was dry and safe, the only other real issue was keeping our scorecards as dry and possible so we could: 1) Read what they said and 2) continue to write what was happening; I gave up on my scorecard with an inning to go, to be honest. It was a losing cause. 

Rob trying to keep his scorecard dry. 

I'll be bouncing between a number of things this summer, including little league when I can. My main priority will be the communications work for Fairfield American Legion baseball I am doing. I've also got some basketball coaching. 

After Legion, it's somewhat wide open, little league baseball, Babe Ruth baseball, AAU baseball, anything else I can think of. Basically, if Rob is there, there's a decent chance I will be there at some point if I can. And even things Rob isn't at, I'll go watch and/or cover in some way. 

I also want to watch as many of the Ludlowe baseball guys as I can who are playing on various teams this summer. I'm always going to support those guys especially, as well as all the others playing. 

Here is the full broadcast from tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment