Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Ludlowe (and Warde) Graduation 2022

Tuesday night was high school graduation night for the two Fairfield Public Schools. 

Unlike the last two years when the ceremonies were at the beach on separate nights, this year, the ceremonies were back at school on the same night. 

That means I couldn't go to one. With no disrespect intended, and this is a great senior class at both schools, the decision was pretty obvious. 

I was at Ludlowe's graduation at Taft Field at the high school. 

This senior class is probably my favorite, if not, right up there. Sure, there are people in each class I am close with, but as a whole, I feel like this is a group of kids I have really gotten to know. Obviously, some people better than others.  

It's the basketball and baseball seniors, but also so many others. The Nest leaders, seniors on other teams, and even students who are not on sports teams. Yes, I do realize there is more than just sports.

If I start naming names, I will leave someone out, and I don't want to do that. Even getting pictures for a social media post was tough, because I know I left certain people out that I shouldn't have. 

Yeah, on the athletic playing surface was this the greatest class, no. But there was definite success and more importantly, these are all terrific young men and women. 

I feel like we've been saying this since the start of the pandemic with the Class of 2020, but this class has been through so much. From digital learning, to being unable to have of certain events, to the losses of classmates, teachers, friends and family members, and so much more. 

The names Jake Panus and Kevin Kuczo were on the minds of so many last night, and both were honored in various ways. Jake and Kevin were a part of the Class of 2022 who we lost at way too young an age. 

Plaque in Jake's memory outside the school near the turf field. There were flowers with the plaque last night. 

Jake was honored by his friends, Zack Hathaway, Emma Aurillo and Christian Smith. 

Zack, Emma and Christian addressing the crowd. 

Kevin's father, Jim, who has spoken to so many groups about mental health and living life, was a speaker at Warde's graduation. I watched the recording, he did a tremendous job. I love how Jim talked about community and this town. 

The ceremony at Ludlowe was done well, from the speeches of the class president, class treasurer, senior laureate, the salutatorian, the valedictorian, and others to the opening procession, the calling of the names, and the tossing of the caps. Even through some rain drops, it could have been much worse. 

I'm sure Warde's was done well also. And from what I was on the recording, it was. 

This group was a really special group. Excited to see what they will all do in the future. Best of luck to everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment