Saturday, June 4, 2022

Long Saturday

Ludlowe/Staples lacrosse action

Saturday was, well what the title says, a long day. In no way am I complaining. In fact, it was a fun day. Obviously, a lot of it was local sports. 

It started out at Kiwanis where Legion was practicing. I am going to be doing communications (writing, social media etc) again for them this summer, so I figured I'd go down there and watch some of the practice. I also had a couple of housekeeping items to get things organized to take care of. 

Me being me, I stayed longer than originally planned. Then it was off to Warde for their state quarterfinal baseball game where Dave Schulz asked me to work the game with helping sell tickets. 

While some people don't like it, I feel the online ticketing is much easier. We have the QR code for those who didn't purchase tickets ahead of time, and it's much easier than dealing with cash, tickets, etc. Just have to make sure you have a smart phone and some sort of WI-FI/cell service. Online tickets should be the future. 

Warde defeated Glastonbury 5-3 behind a strong outing on the mound and a home run from Zach Broderick. The Mustangs will play on Tuesday vs Trumbull at 3:30pm in the state semifinals at Municipal Stadium in Waterbury. 

I thought that would be it for my sports day, but I was convinced to go to the Ludlowe/Staples boys lacrosse state semifinal.  

So when the game ended, I headed to Westport. Well first, it was home to change from Warde to Ludlowe gear. Yes, I normally have so many different clothes in my car for situations like this. However, I initially hadn't planned to go to lacrosse. Plus, I had just cleaned out my car with the end of the Ludlowe baseball season. 

So after changing, I then headed to Staples, getting their in the second quarter. Ludlowe battled, but Staples came away with the 14-4 victory, ending the Falcons season. Proud of that lacrosse group, who dealt with a lot of off-the-field adversity this season, yet continued to come together for one another and also came away with a successful season. 

That would end the sports day but another event would be the nightcap of a long day. A fun event with friends and stories. 

I love days like today. 

Oh and it was hot and sunny out there. I used sunscreen and at the very least got color, if not burnt. That part...not so fun. 



No comments:

Post a Comment