Sunday, May 21, 2023

Softball Weekend

Ludlowe/New Canaan from Sturges Park on Friday

I saw more high school softball over the last three days than I have in a three day stretch ever. 

I saw two games. Normally, softball conflicts with baseball, so I don't get to watch much. However, some time off gave me the flexibility. 

When I'm watching these games, I have trouble just standing or sitting there and watching. I'm not a good fan. I am always going through in my head what I would do in certain situations or get frustrated when things don't happen the way I think they should. I caught myself multiple times yelling or about to yell things. 

On Friday, I saw Ludlowe host New Canaan in an FCIAC quarterfinal matchup and Sunday I saw Warde at St. Joseph in an FCIAC quarterfinal matchup of their own. 

It was a split weekend for the Fairfield schools. Ludlowe, the top seed in the FCIAC tournament, defeated New Canaan 8-3. St. Joseph, the three seed, defeated the six seed Warde 8-1. 

Warde/SJ from St. Joseph High School on Sunday

Ludlowe will face Trumbull on Monday at 3pm at Fairfield University in the FCIAC semifinals. St. Joseph will face Norwalk at 5pm in the other semifinal, also at Fairfield Univ. The championship is Thursday at 5pm in Fairfield. The championship will be broadcast on Robcasting Radio

Also this weekend, among other games, was the baseball quarterfinals. Warde defeated Norwalk 17-1 to advance to face Staples on Monday in the semifinals at 4pm at Cubeta Stadium in Stamford. The other semifinal will feature Westhill and Trumbull at 6:30pm. The championship is Wednesday at 7pm in Stamford. Hear both semis and the championship on Robcasting Radio

Warde and Staples have played twice this season, each team winning their home game. Staples won in walk-off fashion in a non-league game back on April 10, 5-4. Warde won 7-0 on May 1, behind a three-hit shutout from Griffin Polley. 

It's could be a busy and crazy week for me. Going to try to get to as much as I can, but Ludlowe baseball, where we have practices, is my priority. I will be following and listening to as much as I can when I can't be at games. 


No comments:

Post a Comment