Sunday, April 2, 2017

Opening Day



It's officially spring. It's Opening Day for Major League Baseball

For me, as a huge baseball fan, it's one of the best days of the year. As much as I love other sports, there is something special about baseball. It has such a great history. And it's played every day so there is always a game on TV to watch.

There is something special about Opening Day when the lineups are announced and the teams run out to the baselines as they are introduced. 

Baseball has changed, but there is still great tradition. 

For baseball fans, today is a great day. I would use the cliche of it being Christmas morning, but I'm Jewish, so pick your holiday/special occasion.

On a down note, this will be the first year since 1949 without Vin Scully behind a microphone.

In terms of the Yankees, I hope the have a good year, but I don't see them as a playoff team. The youth should be fun to watch. 

Yankees/Blue Jays Sept. 5 2016 (SS Photo)

If you want to read something really well written about Opening Day, check out Rob Adams' blog post from two years ago.


Here are my predictions for the season, which will probably be completely wrong.




I could write more, but I would just be rambling. Let the season begin. Play ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment