Saturday, March 25, 2017

Sports Heartbreak



As sports fans we have memories of great moments and games for our teams and for games we watch, be it our team or not.

Sports also breaks our hearts.

I am not a Wisconsin fan, but I do enjoy rooting for them, and last night's loss to Florida in the Sweet 16 was heartbreaking. The Badgers never gave up. Florida kept trying to pull away late and Wisconsin stayed in the game until they were able to tie it until Zak Showalter's three with 2.5 left to send the game to overtime.

Wisconsin took a 83-81 lead with four seconds left in overtime before Chris Chiozza's running three-pointer as time expired ended the Badgers season and sent the Gators to the Elite Eight.

With that said, I thought of heartbreaking losses I've seen. The odd thing, being a Packers fan, I can think of many heartbreaking losses for Wisconsin sports fans.

Yes, I'm a Duke basketball fan, but the Duke loss wasn't as crazy as last night, so it didn't have as much emotion.

Here are my top five off the top of my head, in no particular order. I'm sure I'm missing some and these are for teams I was rooting for. Comment your thoughts and let's get the conversation going. 

1) 2014 NFC Championship - Packers vs Seahawks
2) 2012 Notre Dame vs Florida State Football
3) 2017 Wisconsin vs Florida Elite Eight
4) 2004 ALCS Game Seven - Yankees vs Red Sox
5) 2008 NFC Championship - Packers vs Giants

Update: I was thinking of this based off last night but from a team I am a fan of, I would have to switch the Wisconsin game for Packers/Cardinals in 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment