Monday, January 30, 2017

My Love and Hate of Technology

This might as well be me. (Photo: TEACH Magazine)

I love technology. I would much prefer to type something than hand-write something. and obviously I love social media.

I used to think I was pretty good with technology. I even won a computer technology award in eight grade (I think they had to find an award for everyone).

I am coming to realize, I'm not as tech-savvy as I thought I was. I am pretty good with Windows and Android products, which use a similar operating system.

However, I am awful with Apple products. This is not a good thing with the fact that I want to go into journalism/media. Everything is Apple products and software.

Being the Sports Editor of The Spectrum, Sacred Heart's student newspaper, we use Mac's and Adobe InDesign. Every week I have issues and have no idea what I am doing or how to fix problems I run into.

Also, taking media production and radio production courses, I have no idea how to use the Mac programs. For some of the programs, I can get them, or pretty close equivalents on my PC, but the fact that Sacred Heart uses Mac's, they no not teach the PC equivalent.  

I just had to write this today as it it the first production Monday of the semester (and my final semester) for The Spectrum. I'm sitting in the office waiting for programs to be fixed and someone who knows more than me to come help me/fix the problems.




No comments:

Post a Comment