Saturday, September 21, 2024

Ludlowe Doubleheader Sport Saturday

Ludlowe soccer handshake line following Saturday's win. 

Saturday was a long, busy day at Ludlowe. But a fun day. 

Let me first put this disclaimer. I don't have to be at most games. Other than sort of with my Nest advisor role and games I work, separate from my real job. I go because I enjoy sports and like to support these kids, families and teams. That's not to make me sound great or anything, just to explain something that is misunderstood by a lot of people, because I am at so many games, but not at others. 

First up was the boys' soccer game vs St. Joe's. 

Ludlowe came away with a 3-0 victory to improve their record to 6-1 on the season. 

The Falcon goals came from Ian Moore, Luke DiLillo and Timmy Bennett. Chase McCormack and Will Bostrom combined on a shutout in goal. 

It's rivalry week up next as Ludlowe will face Warde in soccer on Tuesday at Ludlowe. The boys' game is at 5pm, with the girls to follow at 7pm. 

After the soccer game, and a short break, it was on to football. 

The game versus Bridgeport Central was originally scheduled for Friday night but got moved to Saturday to due schools being closed in Bridgeport on Friday due to social media threats in the Bridgeport Schools.

Ludlowe did what they needed to do and came away with a convincing win to improve to 2-0 on the season. 

Next up, the travel to Notre Dame of West Haven on Friday night.  Two more road games after that, at New Canaan and Stamford, before returning home on October 26, to face Darien. 

Thanks to FLHS parent Scott Torello for filling in on the PA for the football game. Very solid job done by Scott. 

Shoutout to FLHS Site Director Frank Anile-Santiago on a terrific job all day. 

And the rest of the crew, led by Athletic Director Todd Parness. Art Cockerham, Justin Tomczyk, Chris Kearney, Craig DeAngelis and Mel Sulich, among others. 

I say I won't write about the high school sports I am at all the time, but that is so much of my life other than actual work, which is high school sports. Hopefully I will write about other topics and write more soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment