Saturday, November 12, 2022

Warde Football Saturday Afternoon

I've had multiple people tell me this Fall that I need to come to a Warde football game. 

Now, I don't actually NEED to come, but people say I should since I go to all of the Ludlowe games. My actual job doesn't require me to go to games, but I am a sports person. However, I can pick and choose what games I go to, especially for ones I am not working in some capacity (tickets, scoreboard, etc.) 

With Ludlowe's game moved from Friday to Thursday and Warde's game moved from Friday to Saturday this week, I was able to attend both. 

When I showed up to Warde, wearing a Warde Athletics t-shirt, people were surprised to see me. Even more surprised I think to see my in red. 

I also got yelled at/questioned by multiple Ludlowe people for my shirt. I work at both schools, people! Yes, I am at Ludlowe a lot more for games and I did go to Ludlowe, but I still will support Warde. 

I mean, why not go? It was a nice day out (it was a shorts day in November) and a good day for football. In addition, Warde was playing New Canaan, where Dan Farina, who's a good friend, as well as someone who works in the Athletic Dept. at Ludlowe, is the offensive coordinator. 

I stood with some Warde people for the first half, and then hung in the stands with some friends of Dan. 

As I often say, I'm not great at sitting in the stands watching a game. Then again, we were talking so it wasn't as odd. I also figure I was just there to watch the game, not work it, so by being in the stands, I could just watch. 

The game did not go in favor of the home team, as New Canaan came away with the 41-14 victory. 

New Canaan took a 7-0 lead after a quarter and a 27-7 lead at halftime. The Rams finished the half strong with a long field goal and a fumble returned for a touchdown in the last 10 seconds of the half. The Mustangs touchdown came on a QB keeper from the one-inch line by Charlie Gulbin. 

New Canaan tacked on two more scores in the third quarter, before Warde got a touchdown in the fourth, as Gulbin connected with Lucas Coleman from three yards out. 

Warde currently sits with a 5-4 record, heading into the Thanksgiving matchup with Ludlowe. A Mustang win will have them finish with a winning record. Ludlowe, who beat Central on Thursday, needs a win to finish with a .500 record. 

No comments:

Post a Comment