Saturday, February 5, 2022

Two Sport Saturday

It was a two-sport Saturday for me today with the high school sports world. The results were split. 

It began with Ludlowe boys basketball's game at Stamford High and ended with Fairfield boys Co-Op Hockey's game against the Stamford-Westhill co-op at Wonderland of Ice in Bridgeport. 

In the basketball game, Ludlowe fell to Stamford by a 66-53 score. Before that meant watching the end of the freshman game an then watching/helping with the JV game. During the varsity game, I often do the scorebook, which I did today. 

Even though I Tweet score updates, I felt the reporter in my as we were on the way down to Stamford was police activity on I-95 so I felt the need to Tweet it with the CT traffic hashtag. Did I need to Tweet it? No. But the reporter in me felt I should. I was on the bus, so I felt I could. 

In the nightcap, Fairfield boys hockey came away with a 5-2 win on senior night. 

It was fun to watch the hockey. Even though for my job, I don't have to go to games, the sports person in me feels like I should go to more than just basketball when I can. Hockey also works well since it's a co-op I cover both Ludlowe and Warde by going to those. I'm sure Warde people say I should come to more Warde games (basketball, etc). 

However, another large reason I was there, was to supervise the student section as a co-advisor of The Nest, the Ludlowe student section. Overall, the students were pretty well behaved. There weren't as many students there as I anticipated. 

From what I've heard, a lot of the previous games, both home and away, have had a lot of student fans. The hockey team is having a terrific season, sitting with a record of 11-3. Hopefully they are able to make a run in the FCIAC tournament.*

*They are not eligible for the state tournament due to co-op rules. It's a longer story that's not worth getting into. There has been a lot of talk about this the last couple weeks from players, parents, fans, etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment