Saturday, January 8, 2022

Doubleheader Saturday of (#OneTown) Hoops

Warde and Wilton play at Warde on Saturday Afternoon

It was a fun day of high school basketball on Saturday. Some would say it was a #OneTown (running joke and yes, the hashtag is needed) kind of day. 

I always love long days of sports, especially baseball basketball, and it was good to see both Ludlowe and Warde boys teams play. 

Ludlowe defeated Bridgeport Central 44-39 in a hard-fought game that saw Ludlowe have to come from behind after trailing after a quarter and at halftime and being tied after three quarters. 

Warde fell to Wilton 50-44. The Warriors led for the majority of the game, with Warde only getting a slight lead at a couple of points. 

Before the varsity game at Ludlowe, the freshman and junior varsity teams took down Central as well. 

It was my kind of day, being in a gym from 9am-5:30pm with only a short break to change from Ludlowe basketball clothes to Warde basketball clothes. Yes, I do switch back and forth from each. 

It terms of being there that long, yes I'm watching all the games, but also doing the scoreboard or book where needed, or just doing other random things. I'm not very good at just "watching as a fan" but when I am just watching the game, my passion gets me so into the game. I am really bad at sitting in the stands and just watching, as I can't sit/stand in one place. I get picked on for this often. 

As everyone knows, I help out and am around the Ludlowe team a lot, but it was good to see Warde play twice this week, as I saw them defeat Norwalk at home on Thursday, before seeing them again today.  

Also, in girls basketball, Warde took down Wilton for Coach Dave Danko's 450th career win. Congrats, Coach! 

No comments:

Post a Comment