Tuesday, January 4, 2022

A date always remembered


I'll just to keep this short and not ramble. 

January 4 will always be a date that sticks in my mind. It is the day we lost both my Uncle David and my Grandma Bea, seven years apart. Uncle David passed away in 2005, while we lost my grandmother in 2011. 

I've wrote about this before, and while nothing has changed other than the length of time, stories always come up and they are both often on my mind, especially today. 

I have so many memories, and for the most part, it's not my story to tell. I have memories of the exact days, the days prior, and the days following both of their deaths. Not only is it not my story to tell, but in the big picture, my memories are random and mostly irrelevant. 

I will add, I have memories of the wake (uncle) and funerals (both) and of visiting both of them before they passed  There is too much to say but the thing I remember is my grandmother passed the morning of the fourth, while my uncle was in the evening. 

In some ways, this entire post is irrelevant, in other ways it means a lot.  I could write a lot more, but as I said above I won't. 

We honor them always, and they are always in our hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment