Monday, July 6, 2020

Live Baseball!


For the first time in almost a year, I saw live, local baseball tonight. 

I've been posting for weeks about needing to get out a watch and or cover some baseball. Brad Weinstein sent me the Fairfield Legion* schedule and I have been finding others as well. 

*American Legion is not sponsoring the league this summer, so it's non-legion sanctioned teams. 

In tonight's game, Fairfield defeated Stratford 2-1 on a walk-off single by former Ludlowe baseball standout and future Army-West Point student-athlete Jamie Flink. 



Tonight, I just watched. Hopefully I will "cover" some games soon, even if that just means keeping my own score sheets during the games and then writing a quick recap of the game on this blog. If there are other opportunities this summer, great. If not, I’ll do this.

Speaking of opportunities, Rob Adams has the opportunity to broadcast the Greenwich Cannons Legion team (who will play Fairfield later this summer). You can get the details of what Rob is doing here and follow him on Twitter at @double5 and @RobcastingRadio for more. I’m sure I will end up joining Rob for a game or two (or more) before the summer is over.

 You can follow me for updates of games and where I might be (not that you care) on my Twitter @ShawnSailer. In addition to Legion, I am going to try to get to a bunch on local games this summer, especially to see the Ludlowe baseball guys who recently graduated.

I miss writing/covering games and figure it’s good to still keep my toes in journalism and keep my writing skills sharp. I also need to write more here.

If you have any suggestions on games I should go to or feature articles I should write, Tweet at me, comment on the blog, or get me on my other social media platforms

I’m so happy baseball is back!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment