Thursday, July 30, 2020

Favorite Athletes

The past and the present of the Packers

There are so many challenges or "games" on Facebook and other social media platforms going around. 

One of them is to list 10 athletes you have enjoyed watching the most. Some people are doing it one day at a time on Facebook. Rob Adams has done in on Facebook and included it as part of his #Project365 on his blog. I saw John Nash do it in one blog post on his blog

I decided I liked Johm's idea and I would do that. Why not? It's fun and I like talking sports. This doesn't have to been seen in person, in case be, and many of these are, athletes who I have only seen on TV. 

So here we go, in no real particular order. 

1) Brett Favre - The Gunslinger. Not the best guy, but a great competitor and player. 


2) Aaron Rodgers - A fantastic athlete. Will always be a debate between him, Favre and Bart Starr as the greatest Packers QB. 


3) Alex Rodriguez - Yes, there are plenty of issues with him, but I just became I big fan. It also goes with the fact that even though I am a huge Yankees fan, was never a big Jeter fan (I will likely get yelled at for that).


4) Mariano Rivera - The GOAT. The best closer in MLB history. 



5) Jason Kidd - Leader for the Nets during their prime years in the early to mid 2000's. The Kidd, Carter, Jefferson trio was a lot of fun to watch. 



6) Mike Piazza - Yes, as a Yankees fan, I shouldn't like him. But I was a Mets fan growing up, and his 9/11 HR is so much more than sports. (Note the uniform he is wearing there. It's not black! #BlackIsNotAMetsColor) 


7) JJ Redick - Loved him at Duke. Great three-point shooter. Sold role player in the NBA, but never a star. 


8) Tim Tebow - The man at Florida. His playing style was great for college, didn't work in the NFL. His baseball career, well.....LOL Mets. 


9) Ray Allen - I didn't like any of the teams Ray played for in the NBA but he's a UConn guy (even though I don't remember him playing at UConn much). Three-point master. (Had to go with this video on this one. Great call by Mike Breen) 

   

 10) Amani Toomer - Well, just like with the Mets, I grew up a Giants fan, so I figure I should include a Giant. I'll still root for them as long as they don't play the Packers. I had a bunch of guys I thought about for the Giants but Amani seems like a good guy and was a solid player. 



I likely left out someone who I should have added. Or maybe I added someone I should not have. Thoughts on my choices? Who are your favorite athletes you've seen? 

No comments:

Post a Comment