Sunday, July 21, 2019

Thanks, 2019 12D and Well Done!

Thanks to Stacey Scruggs for the t-shirt. 

The season for the Fairfield American 12 district team came to an end on Sunday in the semifinals of the Section 1 tournament.

After not getting out of the pool play portion of the district tournament a year ago, I don't think it is an overstatement to call this a successful season. They have a district championship out of it.

It was a pleasure to be part of the broadcast on Robcasting Radio as Rob Adams was asked to call the game and brought me along for a bunch of the games. We also had Westport coach David Goldshore along for the sectionals. I love helping Rob out and doing it for baseball in Fairfield is special. If I have not mentioned (I know I have, like 100 times), I love this town!

The baseball was great. From Kieran Scruggs pitching, to Cooper Seek's power, to the clutch hits from Carson Dodder, to the defense of Will Kane at third base and so much more. Sorry I can't include everyone, it was truly a team effort and I love that about this team (we might have more for this....stay tuned). I can't wait to coach these kids in a few years when they get to Ludlowe (If they all go there).  

It was great to get the coaches, players and families. I knew a couple and knew a few names for various reasons. Between having them as campers or knowing their siblings through Ludlowe. But it was great to get to know a bunch more of the players and know many of the families. I even got "yelled at" by a couple of the players prior to today's game for not being on the air for Friday's game when they lost, due to a prior commitment I had. It was all in good fun and I really enjoyed the comradery. Coaches Dan Seek, Phil Veas and Marshall McIntosh were phenomenal to work with and I feel like we got to know them. As I said to Phil, after the game, I hope we keep in touch.

Big thank you to Stacey and Josh Scruggs for promoting us via the FALL social media, getting us anything we needed, and supplying us with water, Gatorade and a tent when needed. So many other parents we got to know and there would be too many to name without forgetting someone so I am not going to try to do that.

Below are some highlights that Rob put his audio to video, either taken by me or Stacey. Head to the Robcasting MixCloud page or the Archive page for audio from the entire tournament.





No comments:

Post a Comment