Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Great Night At The Stadium

Me, Seth, and Todd in the Pepsi Lounge at Yankee Stadium

I had a great night at Yankee Stadium with Todd Parness and Seth Fry, my two bosses, on Tuesday night.

They told me around the holidays that my gift was a Yankee Game and we were trying to find a date all season. Between them having games to be at, plus their personal lives, plus me coaching baseball, it didn't really work during the school year. Then we decided on Tuesday.

The game was one of the most entertaining games I have been at. There were six home runs hit, four by the Yankees. The Yankees defeated the Rays 8-3.

When they are down 3-1, I was thinking this would be another tough loss. Then after cutting the deficit to 3-2, Aaron Judge hit a go-ahead two run HR. The home run was awesome to put them up but what was more impressive is that a pitch earlier he hit a ball right down the right-field line that we all thought was out of the park, but it was foul. Then Didi Gregorius added insurance with a grand slam.



There was a benches-clearing brawl after CC Sabathia and Avasail Garcia exchanged words following the top of the sixth. The dugouts and bullpens emptied. You never want to see fights (unless it's hockey, I guess) but it did bring excitement and was sort of cool to see in person.

We also saw Brett Gardner take away a homerun, leaping and reaching over the left field wall. That happened right below us so that was very cool to see.

Our seats were awesome as well, down the left field line. They also gave us access to both the Pepsi Lounge and the Audi Club. The cool part of the Pepsi Lounge is we were in center field, right above Monument Park. It kind of left like looking at an aquarium though the glass.



Oh yeah, good Chicken Tenders too! And great company! Had a blast chatting sports and whatever else we chatted about all night.

For Seth, it was his first time at the new stadium and I know he enjoyed seeing it. I had fun answering the questions he asked me. I love talking baseball, Yankees, and sports history!

Thank you both for a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment