Saturday, November 13, 2021

High School Football Weekend

GHS Senior Day Ceremonies

 It was a good weekend of high school football. 

On Friday, I went to Kennedy Stadium in Bridgeport, where Ludlowe took on the Central Hilltoppers. 

The Falcons won 45-0 and got contributions across the board on both offense and defense. The one highlight that I will throw out there was Charlie Began with a 90+ yard INT return for a touchdown. 

Ludlowe will look to finish with a .500 record when they take on Warde on Thanksgiving (10:30am at Warde). 

Then today, I went down to Greenwich for the Cardinals game with Stamford and joined Rob Adams for the broadcast* on Local Live and Robcasting Radio. It was a good chance to see Rob, and I also got to see the new Cardinal Stadium. I used to go to a bunch of games with Rob a few years ago, and then, well, life got in the way. 

When I say I "joined Rob Adams for the broadcast" that really means I sat with a headset on and threw in thoughts every once in a while while Rob did 95% of the talking. That's just how I am on broadcasts. I know the sports, but don't say a whole lot on air. I also think this was the first time I was his only color guy for football. Other football games I've either been a third or fourth voice, or off-air. Rob knows I don't consider myself a broadcaster, but have fun with him. Baseball has been the sport I've done with him the most. 

Back to the game, Greenwich took the lead on the first drive and never looked back, cruising to a 64-12 victory. There was a lightning delay of about 50 minutes that began during halftime and delayed the start of the second half. Lots of lightning, some thunder and heavy rain at times. 

Greenwich will finish the regular season on Thanskgiving as they host Staples at 10am. The Cardinals will likely need to beat the Wreckers and get help in order to make the state playoffs. You can tune in to that Thanksgiving matchup with Rob and Chris Erway on Robcasting and Local Live. 

It was also the official grand opening of the new stadium and senior day at Cardinal stadium, so there were a lot of festivities going on. 

The renovations to the stadium are awesome, even if everything is not fully functional yet and there are still some items to be finished. The press box is glorious with six different rooms for PA/scoreboard, broadcasters, camera operators, writers, coaches and more! There is a ticket booth, a concession stand, real bathrooms, and more. I always felt like there was something special about going to Cardinal Stadium in the past, now it's REALLY nice. It should definitely be a spot to consider to host big games.

It was a fun day and always thankful Rob allows me to join him for anything. He's a true pro, who is just tremendous at doing play-by-play and calling a game. He knows broadcasting and should be on anyone's list when you are looking for a broadcaster (No, he didn't pay me to say this). 

Good two days of games.  

Some photos from the day. 









No comments:

Post a Comment