Friday, September 11, 2020

Remembering 19 Years Ago, Supporting Friends and High School Sports

19 Years. September 11th, 2001. An awful day for the country with the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in NY and the Pentagon in DC. 

We all have memories from that day. I wrote last year about my memories. As I got older and heard more stories and read things, I have learned more, obviously, even at six years old, I knew it was a bad day We think about all those who were lost. I think about my cousins, who lost their cousin in the towers that day. I also know people who lost family members due to long-term health effects of being down near the towers. 

We think of all the first responders. I think of my family in law-enforcement. We think of the civilians who helped out. Those who survived. Those who lost their lives. We remember. We honor. We NEVER FORGET! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continued thoughts are with my friend Rob Adams, who lost his mother last Friday. Only met Mrs. Adams once but a nice lady who I enjoyed reading about her life through her Facebook and Rob's Facebook and blog posts. Rob did a tremendous job taking care of her this past year, and the past number of years. Please go read Rob's blog posts, especially those from this past week, on his mother and his family. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize in comparison to the last two items, the next topic means very little......

High School fall sports in CT have been a big discussion for months due to the pandemic. As of now, everything other than football still will be played. There is still no final decision on football as the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC), the governing body of high school athletics, is going back and forth with the Department of Public Health. Hopefully we will have a decision one way or another very soon. We need to. We'll see that the Fall and the rest of the school year holds for  school and sports. 

No comments:

Post a Comment