Thursday, June 27, 2019

Blogging...Newport, FALL and more

The Newport newspaper

I've been trying to figure out what to blog about for a while now. I always have topics, but I am like, 1) Do people care? 2) Do I have enough to write about? What I should do, it what Rob Adams does on his blog calls "Off The Bench" where he hits on multiple topics in one blog post. I don't want to be a copycat but maybe I call it something like "From the Dugout" as a baseball reference, or something completely different. It does not have to be sports related, but obviously sports are my life so that is what most will be.

So where do I start....

We took a one-night trip to Newport, Rhode Island and I took so pictures. Let's be honest, isn't that what you do nowadays. Go away. Take pictures. Post pictures to social media/blog (I posted them to Instagram earlier). Of course I had to take a picture of the newspaper (above). Newspaper and journalism matter.

Ice Cream from Fred's Shanty (New London, CT)

 
Water off the cliff walk

Salve Regina sign from the Cliff Walk


A building along the Cliff Walk...….

I want to build a baseball field on the lawn! 



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The aforementioned Rob Adams and I have been calling Fairfield American Little League Baseball (FALL) We broadcasted a bunch of games last year and they asked Rob to come do it again this year so Rob mentioned it so I have joined him again this year. I love baseball, played Fairfield American regular season spring/fall house league, and have made it clear what the town means to me, so I have a blast doing it.

We saw Fairfield American win their first two games of District 2 Pool Play at Unity Park in Trumbull. The defeated Westport and Trumbull American. On Thursday, FALL faced cross-town rival Fairfield National. This got my whole "One-Town" slogan or #OneTown for you Twitter people, going. I've used this working at both Warde and Ludlowe in the Athletic Departments.

Fairfield American jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first but Fairfield National came from behind, scoring four in the fourth, to defeat FALL 5-3.


Fairfield American will be back in action on Monday when they play Trumbull National at 5:30 at Unity Park in Trumbull. Tune in for the broadcast at mixlr.com/robcasting-radio.

The Fairfield American coaches have been great to deal with. Manager Dan Seek and assistant coaches Phil Veas and Marshall McIntosh have been extremely helpful to Rob and I and we've also just had good time chatting. We were talking Yankees and Mets prior to today's game.


Action between FALL and FNLL 

By the way, when we have headsets on and broadcast equipment next to us, that likely means we are broadcasting and can't talk. This is a problem when I know so many people in Fairfield and people say hi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Ludlowe and Warde, it was a great first year working in the Athletic Departments at both schools. Thanks to both AD's, Todd Parness and Seth Fry, for first off, hiring me, and for their help and patience with me with year one with the job. I hope I was helpful and can't wait for what next year has to bring.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and I got an iPhone a couple weeks ago. Even though I had a "smartphone," a Samsung Galaxy (and Android phone), I have been told by multiple people that I am now in the 21st century. I love the phone so far. The battery is much better than I thought it would be. I have a ton of space. The phone runs fast and I can download apps I couldn't previously. The camera is much better. Oh, and I can be in group chats that I couldn't before and won't get yelled at for not having an iPhone and for being the source of "green text messages" when we have a group text and I was the only Android user in the group,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope to blog more consistently. If anyone has any thoughts for the blog, feel free to comment or Tweet at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment