Tuesday, October 3, 2017

MLB Postseason Predictions


The Major League Baseball postseason is getting underway. The American League Wild Card game is Tuesday and the National League Wild Card Game is Wednesday.

In the AL WC game the New York Yankees take on the Minnesota Twins. The Yankees have handled the Twins in the past in the postseason and I'll say the Yankees win and advance to the American League Division Series.  The Yankees have one of the best bullpens in the Majors and if the offense can get going against Ervin Santana, in can be a fun night in the Bronx.

In the NL WC game, it's the Arizona Diamondbacks against the Colorado Rockies. The Rockies narrowly got in, clinching a spot in the second to last day of the season. Arizona has the better pitching and with the game being in Arizona vs Colorado, the Rockies offense doesn't have the advantage of playing in Coors Field.

In the one American League Division Series, the Houston Astros take on the Boston Red Sox. Both teams are young. The Astros probably have the better starting pitching, and the Red Sox the better bullpen. The bullpen strength makes me give Boston the advantage to go to the American League Championship Series.

In the other American League Division Series, the Cleveland Indians take on the wild card winner, which I have being the Yankees. I would love to see the Yankees and Red Sox face off in the ALCS but the Indians are more of a complete team, in my opinion. That being said, I have the Indians advancing to take on the Red Sox in the ALCS.

In the ALCS, I think the Indians defeat the Red Sox in seven games. As I said, I think the Indians are the most complete team.

Now to the National League.

In the one National League Division Series, the Washington Nationals take on the Chicago Cubs. The Cubs are definitely not as strong as they were last season. The Nationals have been pretty good but have not been able to make a run in the postseason in years past. I'll say the Cubs get past Nationals in four games.

In the second National League Division Series, the Los Angeles Dodgers will take on the wild card winner, so in my predictions, they will face the Diamondbacks. The Dodgers were having a historic season and then hit a rough stretch but seemed to play better at the end of the season. I think the Dodgers will get past the Diamondbacks in four games.

In the NLCS, the Dodgers will defeat the Cubs in six games.

That will set up a Indians-Dodgers World Series. In the regular season when they matched up, the Dodgers took two of three. This would be a great pitching series and I think the Indians have a deeper bullpen so I would give them the advantage.

My World Series Prediction: Indians over the Dodgers in six games.

Let me know your thoughts on the MLB Postseason in the comments section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment