Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Fall Sports Time

Ludlowe/Norwalk football November 3, 2023 (SS Photo)

It's time for another high school sports year, and another school year. 

While school in Fairfield in still almost two weeks away, fall sports are getting underway. 

Boys golf began this past Monday, football begins on Thursday, and the rest of the fall sports begin next Monday. 

I'm excited for sports to be back and people to be back around the schools. It's been too quiet this summer. It was nice to have some more staff back today and even more over the next several days. 

I'm looking forward to watching games and supporting the student-athletes. 

The fall sports season is a long season this year, with fall sports starting at least a week earlier than normal, and Thanksgiving being on the later side. 

Of course, I want success for all our teams. But yes, certain teams I have a soft spot for. Even in the sports I'm not as involved with, I follow the people I know. Often those are baseball and basketball guys, or those who have been a part of those programs at one time or another. 

Those bonds go beyond the specific sport. It's just that certain sports or teams are how the friendships are created. 

Every year is different. It's become about expecting the unexpected and preparing for things not to go as planned. If they do go as planned, that's a bonus. And this is from someone who hates change. 

We will have a few weeks of tryouts and practices before games get going. I can't wait for games to start. 

Good luck to everyone trying out for teams, and to all the players and coaches on the start of the season. 

Let's get it going! 

********

Good luck to all those who graduated last spring and are heading off to college in the next few weeks. I've talked at nauseum about what that class means to me. Best of luck to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment